Niner's RDO component range reflects the same vision of the RDO framesets. The parts are light, strong, fully functional and minimalist. The RDO Stem is a hollow, alloy gem with a sculpted design that emphasizes rigidity and reinforcement where needed, and carves out material where it's not. The main section of the body is slightly oval vertically and opens up via tapers to both the steerer and handlebar clamping zones. The design counteracts the serious torsion delivered by the 29er front wheel and the use of 700+mm bars, and somehow manages this at 115 grams for the 110 version. Ideal for XC race and trail, as well as cross or road, the RDO Stem will not only grace your cockpit, but keep the front end on track at all times.
The 4-bolt faceplate is clean, and perfectly mates to 31.8mm handlebars. The bolting zones are stout, as is the center of the plate, both areas that require maximum strength. The same can be said for the steerer clamp as well. All hardware is black stainless steel, and the commonly M5 Allen hex key bolts (4mm) will keep everything cinched down at 5Nm. The steerer clamp stack height is just 38mm, giving you tremendous flexibility in mounting and may truly help out folks who cut their fork too short, or who have changed a fork to a new frame. Millimeters matter! The RDO stem has an 84¬∞, and can be run in +/- 6¬∞ positions. A clean, glossy finish with RDO graphics finish this lightweight stem off.
- Lightweight, stiff alloy stem ideal for XC race and trail, cross, or road use
- 84 degree, +/-6¬∞ options
- Stem has slightly oval, hollow body with 4-bolt faceplate
- Material sculpted away in non-essential zones, reinforced at bolting zones
- Hardware: black stainless steel M5 Allen hex bolts with 4mm heads
- Torque: 5Nm/ bolt, progressively tighten bolts against each other, use torque wrench
- Handlebar clamp: 31.8mm
- Steerer tube clamp: 1 ‚Öõ"
- Steerer clamp stack height: 38mm
- Sizes: 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm
- Color: Slate Grey
- Weight: 115 grams (110mm)